September 2nd, 2014
When putting money on a student’s Cafeteria account, go to www.payforit.net. Enter Archdiocese of Philadelphia as the school district. When entering the student number put a 20 in front of it so that you are entering a 10 digit number. That will direct the money to Archbishop Wood.
September 2nd, 2014
Thank you to all who attended the Freshman Parent Information Night on August 26, 2014. An envelope of forms and information was given to each family. If you were not able to attend the meeting, your son or daughter will receive the envelope on Wednesday, September 3, 2014.
Please note that the following forms that must be returned:
- Catapult Permission form: required for all 9th grade students. This allows all freshmen to participate in our yearlong orientation program that included study skills and standardized test taking skills. This form is in the envelope.
- Parent acknowledgement form: This form is found on the web site under Student Services. Please download this form and return to school. On the web site.
- Health Information: Forms will be distributed to the freshmen on the first day. These forms must be filled out, signed and returned. Distributed in homeroom on September 3.
- Honor Code: Information found in packet and forms will be distributed in homeroom. These forms are to be signed by both student and parent. Distributed in homeroom on September 3.
- Acceptable Use Policy: Important information regarding the use of technology at Wood. This form must be signed by both parent and child. Distributed in homeroom on September 3.
- Parental Permission for General Technology Use. There are two forms. These forms allow students to use technology and to communicate with teachers and coaches. Distributed in homeroom on September 3.
- Please also note the invitation to the Freshmen and New Family Communion Breakfast on September 21 and the Parents Association Membership Form found in the envelope. Please plan to join the members of the Class of 2018 and other new families on September 21. Also, join the Wood Parents Association. A great way to support your child’s school and keep up with all that is happening.
August 22nd, 2014
Wednesday, September 24, 2014 interested students will be attending a performance of “The Barber of Seville” at the Academy of Music. Any student interested is welcome to attend, but the bus will accommodate only 42 students. The cost is $35 per student for lunch at Bertucci’s and the bus transportation. The opera tickets are free as part of the Sounds of Learning program sponsored by the Opera Company of Philadelphia. A letter to parents, menu selections and permission forms will be available the first day of school in room 243. Payment, signed permission forms and menu selection are due by Friday, September 12, 2014. to Mrs. Tecce in room 243. Students will be fully prepared as each student attending will receive a libretto which we will work on in school. The libretto covers the opera and related topics so when attending the opera, the students can sit back and really enjoy the performance. Although it is early in the school year for a field trip, this is a wonderful opportunity for students to experience something that they might not otherwise see on their own.
August 21st, 2014
Click here to read a letter from Aramark regarding 2014-2015 school year cafeteria news.
August 21st, 2014
There have been a number of changes in our Guidance and Counseling Departments. Mr. Frank Tobias has resigned his position due to his continuing health issues. Our new Director of Guidance is Mrs. Mary Desmond.
During the second semester of the last school year, Mrs. Kristen Bogart served as the substitute for Mr. Tobias and worked with the students in the first third of the alphabet last year. Mrs. Bogart has been hired by the Intermediate Unit as the replacement for Ms. Lang who retired.
Mrs. Bogart will stay with the first third of the alphabet, Mrs. Desmond will take care of the middle third and Mrs. Butts will continue with the last third.
The IU Counseling Center is located on the second floor North, we have moved the Guidance Office from the second floor South to the second floor North so all Guidance and Counseling Services will be in one location.
The following are the Counselor Assignments for the upcoming year:
A – GA MRS.BOGART
GE – MU MRS. DESMOND
NA – Z MRS. BUTTS
A – FE MRS. BOGART
FI – MC MRS. DESMOND
ME – Z MRS. BUTT
A- G MRS. BOGART
H – MI MRS.DESMOND
MO – Z MRS. BUTTS
A – G MRS. BOGART
H – N MRS. DESMOND
O – Z MRS. BUTTS
July 8th, 2014
Click here to view the summer 2014 newsletter.
July 7th, 2014
The PIAA physical form packet and sports transportation permission forms are now available to print and complete. Go to “Activities/Sports,” choose “Athletics” and both forms are on the drop down menu.
Any further questions, please contact the Athletics Office at 215-672-5050 Ext. 260.
July 7th, 2014
Your invited to an in-store event to purchase school uniforms. Click on the link below to set-up your appointment.
Archbishop Wood In-Store Event
June 29th, 2014
Prepare for the SAT’s or PSAT’s with Dr. Pace’s one week seminar offered at Archbishop Wood from July 14 to July 18, 9am to 2pm. Cost $510.00 Wood students have had great success after taking this seminar.
For more info go to: drpaceseminars.com
June 24th, 2014
Mrs. Cloe O’Grady has begun her tenure as Assistant Principal for Academic Affairs at Wood. Mrs. O’Grady will be addressing rostering questions and conducting interviews with transfer students in addition to overseeing our academic program.
If you need to reach Mrs. O’Grady:
e-mail: email@example.com or by phone 215-672-505 ext. 271.
Any questions on report cards or end of the past year issues should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.