“Technology is just a tool. In terms of getting the kids working together and motivating them, the teacher is the most important.”
- Bill Gates
- Bill Gates
The above quote describes what Technology is all about here at Archbishop Wood High School. Our dedicated faculty members integrate technology into their subject areas to help motivate their students to understand what they are teaching.
About our Technology
- Six state of the art computer labs with Windows 10 Education OS along with Office 2016/2019 Professional.
- “Learning Commons”, formerly the Library, consists of 38 Dell all-in-one 23-inch touch screen units for students to research the Internet, complete class assignments and work in collaborative groups.
- "College Career Center", consists of 8 Dell all-in-one touch unit, 8 laptops and 4 micro-desktop computers to better students prepare for the college search and application processes along with researching career choices.
- All classrooms are equipped with Windows 10 Education OS laptops for student and teacher presentations.
- Various classrooms contain ceiling/wall mounted multimedia projectors with Smartboard technology Smart/Epson interactive projectors, Samsung Smart TV displays and Apple TV's for presentation and interactive use.
- All classrooms are equipped with web camera and microphone technologies to use for virtual learning.
- 6 Chromebook and 2 iPad carts are used in all curriculum classes.
How Some of our Academic Departments Use Technology
- The World Language Department has a software package for Spanish classes to record, work on pronunciation and language skills in one of the computer labs. Italian classes have a My Italian Lab interactive online program.
- The Science Department uses desktop/laptop computers and iPads for science experimental research. Virtual Chemistry software is used for scientific experiments in Chemistry class. All science classes utilize Smart Science which is a virtual lab program through which teachers can assign lab assignments for students to complete at home.
- The Business/Technology Department uses two computer labs for Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, and online Virtual Business and Accounting software. A laptop lab is used for the Informational Technology class which incorporates the use of both Microsoft Office 2016 and Google Apps.
- The Music Department has a piano lab for students to compose and listen to their own music and use MacBook Pro laptops/iPads.
- Other academic departments such as English, Social Studies, Theology and Math do use the computer labs and iPad/Chromebook carts for technology integration in their curriculum.
For further information, click on the sidebar links on the right side of this page to view a photo gallery, contact information or to access the Student Acceptable Technology Use Agreement. Archbishop Wood High School will continue to grow with the latest technology trends in the 21st Century for students to use across the curriculum.